Within 20 minutes of the beach, The Oaks is close to many top vacation spots in the Northeast. Visitors can choose from many activities, both indoor and outdoor. For a day trip, we suggest:
- The Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau provides links to attractions, events, hotels and restaurants in and around the city.
- The New Bedford Whaling Museum is a museum that covers the history of whaling, as well as art and models related to the industry, including a full-scale whaling ship. Visitors can view old ship documents, explore interactive exhibits and learn about current preservation efforts.
- The Providence Warwick Convention and Visitors Bureau includes information about the cities Providence and Warwick, Rhode Island. It also includes information about attractions, restaurants and events in each city.
- Accessible only by boat or air, Martha’s Vineyard is a long-time summer vacation area of the affluent. With plentiful beaches and fishing opportunities, Martha’s Vineyard keeps visitors enjoying a wide variety of activities.
- Plymouth County Development Council, Convention and Visitors Bureau provides information about Plymouth, Massachusetts, the Cape Cod region and cranberry region of the state. The site includes information on things to do, dining, shopping and accommodations.